Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ditched Helicopter Award - Paper Show

When I run workshops and Masterclasses on business growth I set up a virtual company and have the delegates tell me what growth they believe they can achieve in the company as a result of each of my initiatives, tips and secrets. To do this I have always had to use an old fashioned overhead projector which has meant taking my own to any workshop in the UK and relying on the organiser finding one for an overseas event.

I have always thought that, sooner or later, a new technology will appear to replace the OHP so imagine my joy recently when I discovered that it finally has! Paper Show appears to do exactly what I want - so I go on the website and look at the details but it is not clear whether it will work with a Mac(have you changed yet? - light years better) rather than a PC.
Now many of you will have heard me rant on about "contact us" buttons on websites and how organisations need to ensure they have proper, expeditious procedures to respond.

Anyway about 5 weeks ago I used Paper Show's "contact us" button to ask if it was Mac compatible and, if not, when it would be.

After 3 weeks - nothing - and I'm getting a little cross - and then what arrives from Paper Show but a questionnaire for me to complete "as a new customer" !!! So I complete it and request a reply to my question.

A further two weeks and NOTHING. So I decide I must try and use the new power available to the little man - You Tube (have you seen "United breaks Guitars"?). I will record a video of complaint and post it - so I go into You Tube and think I'll firstly see if there are any Paper Show postings already.

There are - three - demonstrating it and singing it's praises - so rather than record the video I simply post a comment: "DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT - THEY GIVE LOUSY SERVICE AND DO NOT RESPOND TO E MAILS"

and.......the very next day I receive an email from their brand manager apologising, advising that it is not currently Mac compatible, that it will be in May and offering to send me one free of charge!

A great response BUT it shouldn't have happened and PAPER SHOW have to get a DITCHED HELICOPTER AWARD but I promise that if I do get it in May and it is exceptional I'll change that to a Golden Helicopter Award!

1 comment:

assistivetek said...

Hello

Sorry you did not get a response from PaperShow. I am helping PaperShow market the program to higher education. The Mac version should be in the pipeline shortly. Thanks for your patience.

fullsignature S. Friedlander, Ph.D.
AssistiveTek Blog

http://assistivetek.blogspot.com
Skype: assistivetek
Twitter: twitter.com/assistivetek

About Me

My photo
Roger Harrop, The CEO Expert, has spent over 25 years leading international business at the highest level, ultimately a plc, putting him in a unique position to deal with contemporary business challenges. He is ranked in the top 10 of Management and Strategy Speakers worldwide by Speaker Wiki and twice voted by the members of The Academy for Chief Executives 'Speaker of the Year' He is an, Oxford, UK based, international motivational business growth speaker who inspires and entertains his audiences with his acclaimed Staying in the Helicopter® programmess. Over 20000 CEOs, business leaders in 40 countries have achieved transformational change through his thought provoking and entertaining talks laced with real-life stories, anecdotes and humour. Roger is an author, accredited SME business advisor, mentor, and independent director and has run businesses for major multi-national corporations. He is a Past-President of The Professional Speakers Association, a former Vice-President of The Institution of Mechanical Engineers, and a Liveryman with The Worshipful Company of Marketers.