Roger Venables sends us this nomination:
I would like to nominate Chris Booth, Director of Graphics Direct for a Golden Helicopter Award. The longish but encouraging story is this:
• Our usual (shop) supplier of materials for mounting photographs had closed and I was struggling to find a replacement (Shop). We were in urgent need!
• So I searched the web for ‘Artists’ Materials and found Graphics Direct. It was difficult to tell whether they were first class or charlatans, except that they actually offered a phone number on a selling website, which was a good start.
• A call generated a very courteous response saying the relevant person was out but would call back, and they even asked when would be convenient – asap was the answer and they said about an hour.
• Chris Booth called back earlier than forecast, without declaring his position in the company, by which time I had found most of what I wanted on the website but not everything. Chris expertly took me through a process of booking what I wanted, then asking for a pro-forma invoice when getting to the payment stage. He then called me back within a few minutes to talk though adding what I wanted that was not on the website, adding that to the invoice, and taking payment. I had also wanted next day delivery as close to 100% guaranteed – no problem was the answer, and at no extra charge
• Within a minute or so, there was the invoice in my inbox, followed a couple of hours later by the Royal Mail tracking number for the parcel. The parcel arrived before the target time, and all was as ordered 100%.
• Then, 5 days after the order, an email from Chris, who turned out to be a (or perhaps the) Director of Graphics Direct, expressing the hope that our first experience of using them had been a good one and asking for feedback, which I duly gave him, and the whole experience prompted me to write to you!.
Outstanding! – I’m very happy to award a GOLDEN HELICOPTER AWARD for outstanding service to GRAPHICS DIRECT and CHRIS BOOTH
- ► 2012 (15)
- ▼ 2008 (9)
- Roger Harrop
- Roger Harrop, The CEO Expert, has spent over 25 years leading international business at the highest level, ultimately a plc, putting him in a unique position to deal with contemporary business challenges. He is ranked in the top 10 of Management and Strategy Speakers worldwide by Speaker Wiki and twice voted by the members of The Academy for Chief Executives 'Speaker of the Year' He is an, Oxford, UK based, international motivational business growth speaker who inspires and entertains his audiences with his acclaimed Staying in the Helicopter® programmess. Over 20000 CEOs, business leaders in 40 countries have achieved transformational change through his thought provoking and entertaining talks laced with real-life stories, anecdotes and humour. Roger is an author, accredited SME business advisor, mentor, and independent director and has run businesses for major multi-national corporations. He is a Past-President of The Professional Speakers Association, a former Vice-President of The Institution of Mechanical Engineers, and a Liveryman with The Worshipful Company of Marketers.